Treating the Full Range of Acute Care Needs
We have expertise in caring for children with a range of acute medical and surgical needs. We provide care for children:
- with illnesses such as asthma, seizures, meningitis, and encephalitis
- who need intensive care after surgery, including operations for complex congenital heart disease, organ transplantation, neurological diseases, and ENT, orthopedic, and eye problems.
- who have suffered from trauma, including head and multi-organ trauma.
A team approach
Our multidisciplinary Pediatric Critical Care teams include a range of specialists who collaborate to treat complex medical issues. Team members include:
- Intensivists who are board-certified in pediatric critical care medicine
- Critical care nurses
- Respiratory and physical therapists to support your child’s recovery
- Social workers to link you and your family members with resources and provide guidance on practical matters
- Nutritionists who address your child’s dietary support
- Child life specialists who help ease the hospital experience for children and their families