Primary Care in Queens
You may have been making healthy lifestyle choices, but seeing a primary care doctor can also help you to stay amazing.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens, our experienced primary care doctors provide preventative care, including annual physicals and Medicare annual wellness exams, treat common illnesses and minor injuries, and help manage chronic conditions.
See our dedicated primary care physicians in Queens for an annual physical, immunizations, and health tests. Some appointments can be virtual.
Comprehensive Primary Care Throughout Queens
Primary care and family medicine providers at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens provide healthcare services such as:
- Assessment of frequent headaches, aches and pains, heartburn, sleep problems, and more
- Other common illnesses, such as upper respiratory infections, strep throat, minor injuries, and rashes
- Diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and the flu
- Routine screenings and management of health concerns, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, digestive disorders, and high blood pressure
- Vaccinations, such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Yearly physical examinations
CB4: Regular check-ups and annual physicals are important because your physical condition may change without any noticeable side effects. Below are a few things your primary care doctor in Queens may check:
- Depression: Low mood can negatively impact your daily life
- Blood sugar for prediabetes: Some people have prediabetes and don't know it
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure raises your risk of heart disease
- Medications: Certain medications may need to be reviewed or changed
- Family history: May indicate that you need certain screening tests sooner
For seniors who have Medicare, an additional annual wellness exam is fully covered by your insurance. This will include:
- Health screenings: A thorough assessment to determine if there are any additional health screenings to consider or if you are at risk for any health concerns
- Home life: A review of your home life to ensure you have all the tools you need to live each day comfortably
- Care plan: Personalized advice and creation of a care plan for the year ahead
Convenient Locations Throughout Queens
With offices throughout the area, including in Astoria, Bayside, Forest Hills, Flushing, Fresh Meadows, Sunnyside, and Whitestone, you can find a primary care doctor in Queens for all your health needs. We offer:
- Same-day sick visits
- Early, late, and weekend hours
- Safe in-person appointments and video visits
- Most insurance accepted
Seamless Access Across Our Network
CB6: Our network of doctors seamlessly works together, shares medical records, and collaborates to provide the best-personalized recommendations.
Our primary care or family medicine physicians in Queens may refer you to specialists depending on your personal health needs. Specialists may include physicians with extra training in cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, urology, and more.
For your convenience, primary care doctors at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens offer virtual urgent care visits for some sick appointments and follow-ups.
- A video visit is a simple, secure, and convenient way to visit a doctor using a mobile phone, computer, or tablet device
- Video visits can be used to see a primary care doctor or a specialist like a cardiologist or ob-gyn for example. You can schedule video visits with your current doctor as well as with a new doctor or specialist.
- Simply call the doctor’s office, and they will schedule the video appointment over the simple Zoom application
- Once your doctor schedules a video visit, the doctor’s office will provide instructions on how to easily and successfully create an account and prepare for your video visit
Safe In-Person Appointments
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens, we want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. Your health and safety are our top priorities, so we have expanded our safety measures. We made several changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Skip the front desk and waiting room: In all our locations, we have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays will be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room, and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Disinfection and cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- COVID screening: You will be prescreened for COVID-19 by answering a questionnaire in advance of your appointment; we will take your temperature upon arrival. Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Protective equipment: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines. They have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and always wear it. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams to ensure they are completely healthy to treat you.
- Spacing out appointments: We are allowing for additional time between patient appointments to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time and allow for more time to disinfect the office.
Find a Specialist
View our complete list of specialty care services offered at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens.
A primary care or internal medicine doctor focuses only on adult medicine, while family medicine doctors treat children and adults and pediatricians only treat children up to 18 years of age.
Specialties: Family Medicine, Pediatric Urology, Primary Care, Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery
Specialties: Primary Care
Specialties: Family Medicine, Neurology, Primary Care
Specialties: Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Colorectal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Endocrinology, Gynecologic Oncology, Interventional Neuroradiology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric Urology, Primary Care - Family & Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Urogynecology, Urology
Specialties: Primary Care, Pulmonology, Vascular Surgery, Urology, Urologic Oncology
Specialties: Primary Care, Sports Medicine