Video and Safe In-Person Visits
Don’t delay your health needs
It is important to maintain your health, particularly during a crisis. If you have ignored any healthcare, it is not too late; take charge of your health now. Call us so that we can help you determine whether to schedule a video visit or an in-person appointment.
During this time, seeking care for issues other than COVID-19 is particularly important for people with underlying conditions. Left unmanaged, these conditions may compromise your immune system and further increase your chance of severe illness from COVID-19.
A video visit is a simple, secure and convenient way to have a visit with a doctor using a mobile phone, computer or tablet device. Video visits can be used to see a primary care doctor or a specialist like a cardiologist or OB/GYN for example. You can schedule video visits with your current doctor as well as with a new doctor or specialist. Simply call the doctor’s office, and they will schedule the video appointment over the simple Zoom application.
Once your doctor schedules a video visit, the doctor’s office will provide you with instructions on how to easily and successfully create an account and prepare for your video visit.
Download the instructions for using Video Visits here Descargar instrucciones aquí
Safe In-Person Appointments
We want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. Your health and safety is our top priority so we have expanded our safety measures. We made a number of changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Skip the front desk and waiting room: In all of our locations, we will have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays will be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- COVID Screening: You will be prescreened for Covid-19 by answering a questionnaire in advance of your appointment; we will take your temperature upon arrival. Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Protective equipment: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams to ensure they are completely healthy to treat you.
- Spacing out appointments: We are allowing for additional time between patient appointments in order to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time and allow for more time to disinfect the office.
Importance of an Annual Physical
Regular check-ups and annual physicals are important because your physical condition may change without any noticeable side effects. The below are a few things your doctor may check:
- Blood sugar: Some people have prediabetes and don't know it
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure raises your risk of heart disease
- Depression: Low mood can negatively impact your daily life
- Family history: May indicate that you need certain screening tests sooner