Oncology services include the screening, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer. Cancer screening tests are used before symptoms develop to find cancers in their earliest, most curable stages, while diagnostic services determine whether cancer is present. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, cancer radiation therapy, and/or immunotherapy. Prevention is aimed at reducing the risk of primary cancers as well as the return of cancer in people who have already been treated for the disease.
The doctors of NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley provide cancer care through the Cheryl R. Lindenbaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, which offers a complete program of cancer care focused on your personal needs. This state-of-the-art facility brings together our services and our warm, compassionate staff in one location, under one roof — maximizing the quality of care as well as your quality of life.
Our cancer care services include:
- Screening for lung cancer (using low-dose CT scanning), breast cancer (offering 3D mammography, breast MRI, and ultrasound), and colorectal cancer (including virtual colonoscopy)
- Cancer surgery, using minimally invasive approaches whenever appropriate
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and other infusion therapies in our comfortable Infusion Center
- Precision radiation therapy, including tomotherapy — image-guided radiation therapy that enables us to take a picture of your tumor using CT scanning every time you come in for a treatment, enabling us to continuously tailor treatment
- Access to clinical trials of promising new therapies
- Patient navigators to help you through your journey with cancer
- Supportive care such as nutritional guidance, lymphedema care, symptom control, survivorship care, and financial counseling