Palliative care specialists offer support for treatment, help navigate patients through serious or chronic illness, and provide multiple symptom management. The goal is to reduce pain, anxiety, and depression and improve the quality of life for each patient. Palliative care providers at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn provide emotional, social, and physical comfort to patients and support for their caregivers. Our specialists help patients to achieve a sense of control and improve their body, mind and spiritual health for those with long-term or life-threatening illnesses.
Palliative care experts provide:
- Multiple symptom management
- Pain, anxiety, and depression relief
- Medical consultation, coordinated care, and physician referral
- Support for long-term medical treatment
- Hospice care assessments
- Communication of goals and decisions between patients and families