General surgeons perform a wide variety of operations and increasingly use minimally invasive procedures and techniques. Minimally invasive surgeries are performed through smaller incisions, which often reduces patient discomfort after surgery and shortens recovery time.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn, surgeons perform innovative techniques including laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, and other minimally invasive approaches at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Patients who require complex surgical procedures receive facilitated access to NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center for their care.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced laparoscopic and robotic procedures
- Breast Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Emergency General Surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Hernia repair
- Liver and Pancreatic Surgery
- Oncologic/Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery
- Trauma and Critical Care Surgery
- Weight loss (bariatric) surgery