We understand how valuable it is to have support while planning for care far from home. Our dedicated, multi-lingual patient coordinators are available 24 hours a day/seven days a week to answer questions and help plan an itinerary that addresses both travel and healthcare-related logistics for patients and their accompanying loved ones. Our team of coordinators will guide patients through their medical care experience, providing customized service and personal attention every step of the way. This includes:
- Scheduling physician and other clinical appointments or tests
- Escorting patients to appointments
- Explaining and interpreting medical information, instructions, and procedures
- Facilitating communication between referring physicians and NewYork-Presbyterian physicians
- Organizing global air ambulance, ground ambulance, or other emergency transport services for critically ill patients
- Making recommendations and arrangements for hotels or furnished apartments, including the Hospital’s on-site facilities
Prior to admission to NewYork-Presbyterian, our financial counselor will assist families in understanding the cost of care. Please click here for more information about our dedicated Financial Services team.