Here is some helpful information as you begin the process:
- Please be sure to review all of our offerings to ensure that you are selecting a good match for your interests and applying to programs that currently have availability.
- The breadth and reputation of NYPBMH volunteer programs attracts thousands of applications from interested applicants. Please take the time to respond to all questions and provide information that you feel will help distinguish your application.
- While we genuinely appreciate the time, effort and interest of each applicant, we are unable to respond to every application. Those applicants who we feel we can appropriately match to a program will be contacted within forty-eight hours and invited in for an interview.
- If after the interview you are accepted into a program, you will need to attend all required orientations, workshops and training sessions necessary for your placement of choice; complete our medical clearance process; undergo a background check and have a drug screening.
- It usually takes four to six weeks to be processed and to get started as an NYPBMH volunteer.
It is the policy of NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital to offer equal consideration to a volunteer's application without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status, veteran status, or any other federal state, or locally protected class.