Obstetrics and Gyncology Application Process and Contact Information
The NYPBMH Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is approved by the ACGME for four residents per year plus one preliminary PGY1 in the four-year program. Applicants must be committed to a lifetime medical career in women's reproductive health and must be willing to establish a pattern of life-long learning.
Applications Accepted Exclusively Through ERAS
- We are a participating member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants must register through NRMP to be considered.
- Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Available USMLE scores will be reviewed as part of your application for a residency position. .
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation must be submitted through ERAS in addition to the MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation) from the dean of your medical school, for a total of four letters.
- Applications received by November 1 will be considered.
International Medical Graduates
- The OB-GYN Residency Program accepts foreign medical graduates. Visas are accepted if consistent with those of the institution (J1) pending review and approval by the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program and Graduate Medical Education Office.
- Available USMLE scores will be reviewed as part of the application.
- Previous clinical training in the United States is not required.
- There is no minimum time requirement between graduation from medical school and application for residency.
Resident Eligibility and Selection
NYPBMH Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency program receives more than 700 ERAS applications each year for five available positions. Applicant documents are reviewed and granted interviews based on ability, aptitude, academic record, ethical standards, and integrity. The Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, sex or age. Applicants selected for interview will be notified by e-mail and given an opportunity to choose one of the designated interview dates.
For more information, please contact Christina Louisa, residency program coordinator.