The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery service of NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital provides the full spectrum of oral and maxillofacial surgery with an emphasis on orthognathic and reconstructive surgery; temporomandibular joint dysfunction; laser surgery; oral and maxillofacial pathology; implant dentistry, including grafting procedures with PRP; maxillofacial trauma management; and dento-alveolar surgery, such as removal of impacted teeth and other extractions.
Among the services offered by the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery service are:
- Impacted wisdom teeth and extractions
- Facial, oral, dental trauma and broken jaws
- Dental emergencies
- Surgical corrections of facial deformities
- Dental implants
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Maxillary sinus lift
- Platelet rich plasma augmentation and bone grafting
All NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital physicians are on the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College. Within the familiar setting of their community hospital, patients experience a level of care found in a leading academic medical center.