The Pediatric Emergency Service at NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center
At NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital our highly trained staff, who specialize in pediatric care, provide outstanding emergency care to ill and injured children and young adults, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We are a Level One Trauma Center and a regional burn center, with coordinated teams highly skilled to manage children with these unique injuries. Your child will also benefit from direct access to the full range of expert pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Our dedicated, compassionate professionals will keep you informed, guide you through the emergency care process, and facilitate appropriate follow-up. Our team includes:
- Physicians board-certified/eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Skilled pediatric emergency nurses experienced in caring for young patients
- Certified Child Life Specialists with emergency care expertise in child development, child advocacy, and in promoting a family-centered experience
- Ancillary support staff including emergency social workers who are dedicated to serving children in our Pediatric Emergency Service
As part of our emergency care offering:
- Treating pain is our top priority. Our team will rapidly assess your child the moment he or she arrives, and provide comfort immediately
- We promote a "family-centered model" in which we encourage you to participate in decision-making and remain present for your child's medical care
- We will care for your child in the comforting environment of our dedicated state-of-the-art pediatric emergency department, separate from the adult emergency department.
Our culturally sensitive staff members are dedicated to caring for your child any time of the day or night. Our team includes: Multilingual support staff committed to improving the emergency experience.