In the Travel Medicine Service at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, we provide a full range of services for travelers to prevent infections. In addition, our site is certified by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to administer the yellow fever vaccination. Our team also provides post-travel consultation services when necessary.
Preparing You for Healthy Travel
To prepare patients to travel safely and stay in good health, our services include:
- Discussion of previous immunizations and recommendations for others if needed
- Evaluation of current health and medications
- Review of travel itineraries
- Education about disease prevention in relation to travel plans
- Guidance about diet and travel safety
- Recommendation for medical kits for travelers (containing basic first aid supplies)
Making an Appointment
To make an appointment, call us at 212-932-5190.
- Be sure to bring any insurance card(s).
- Bring your travel itinerary and immunization records for our team to review.
- In the event you need to change or cancel your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance.
Our physicians are also on the staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia, one of the country's major medical centers. In addition, each of our physicians is a member of the highly regarded ColumbiaDoctors faculty practice. You can experience the level of exceptional care expected from NewYork-Presbyterian in a personal and accessible environment.