Our mission is the foundation of all of our decisions. It guides what we do. It must be known, owned and energized by all. The NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) mission is to provide caring, high quality, fiscally responsible healthcare services that meet the needs and expectations of the communities we serve. We will distinguish ourselves by our commitment to our values, promoting an environment where:
- Patients are treated as family
- Members of the community have confidence they will find hope and healing
- Physicians experience an efficient and cooperative atmosphere focused on excellence in patient care
- Staff who share our values are attracted and retained
Our vision to be the model for community hospitals is supported by four pillars of excellence:
- Clinical Quality
- Service Excellence
- Facilities and Technology
- Financial Viability
Our Core values guide how we act toward each other and how we care for our patients. They must be accepted and enthusiastically practiced every day.
Treating patients we serve and those with whom we work with compassion, demonstrating a high regard for the dignity and worth of each person.
Continuous improvement through innovation and a commitment to recognized standards of excellence.
Honesty and straight forwardness in all relationships.
Enthusiastic cooperation focused on accountability, mutual support and common goals.