The Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a group of volunteer patients, family members, caregivers, and staff that work together to ensure that patients receive the highest level of care. We use the constructive input that only patients and family members can provide to help us deliver higher levels of satisfaction. The committee meets monthly to address the needs and concerns of our patients and visitors.
Join us at 5 PM on the fourth Tuesday of each month for our PFAC meeting. We will take a short summer and winter recess. Become a part of the PFAC
The Council welcomes applications from patients or family member who have received any level of inpatient or outpatient clinical care at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings (participation via phone or video is an option).
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient /family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete New York-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services onboarding process. For more information, please contact:
Patient Experience Lead