The Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia Ambulatory Care Network is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff and faculty who work together on issues related to patient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives and Outreach
Since its founding in 2012 the Patient and Family Advisory Council at NYP/Columbia Ambulatory Care Network has been involved in many initiatives. Currently the PFAC is working on a mural at 21 Audubon and a nutrition video and a cookbook with nutritious recipes. PFAC members are also active participants on the PCC-Patient Centered Care committee and the ACTG-AIDS Clinical Trials group committee.
Meetings are held monthly on the second Monday from 5 to 7 PM.
Become a part of the PFAC
Our council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings.
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient/family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete the NYP Volunteer process. For more information please contact [email protected].