The Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff, and faculty who work together on issues related to patient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives and Outreach
Since its founding in 2012, the Patient-Family Advisory Council at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital has:
- Coordinated Christmas caroling with community Girl Scouts.
- Held PFAC rounds with clinicians and PCF presentations.
Council members have also served on various hospital committees, including the Recruitment, Membership and Marketing committee, and have presented at Patient-Centered Friday. On these committees, we’ve provided recommendations to improve wait times in the Emergency Department and offered editorial guidance on the Patient Family guidebook. The Council is currently focused on recruiting new members through engagement events and creating a calendar magnet.
Join us on the second Monday of each month for our PFAC meeting. Meeting times alternate monthly, morning meetings are from 8 to 9:30 AM; evening meetings are from 5:30 to 7 PM.
Become a part of the PFAC
If you would like to share your experience, provide perspective and highlight issues important to patients and families, we invite you to join us. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings.
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient/family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete the NewYork-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services process. For more information, please contact the PFAC facilitator at [email protected].