NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Welcomes New Year’s Baby of 2019
Jan 2, 2019
At 12:44 a.m. on January 1, NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital welcomed its New Year’s Baby, Joseph Patrick Bernstein.
Joseph weighs seven pounds, three ounces and is 20 inches in length. His parents, Jonathan and Jennifer Bernstein, live in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York. Joseph is the couple’s first child.
“Being a new mom is the best thing in the world — especially being a new mom on New Year’s and welcoming a new life,” said Mrs. Bernstein.
“Seeing your son come into this world is an experience that you can’t really describe,” said Mr. Bernstein. “It’s just overwhelming emotion.”
PHOTO: NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital’s first baby of 2019 was Joseph Patrick Bernstein; pictured with first-time parents Jennifer and Jonathan Bernstein.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Founded in 1881, NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a voluntary, acute-care teaching facility located in Brooklyn's Park Slope. It houses 591 licensed inpatient beds and provides services to some 42,000 inpatients each year. In addition, approximately 500,000 outpatient visits and services are logged annually. NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital offers specialized care in the following areas: advanced and minimally invasive surgery, advanced otolaryngology, asthma and lung disease, cancer care, cardiology and cardiac surgery, diabetes and other endocrine disorders, digestive and liver disorders, healthy aging, neurosciences, orthopedic medicine and surgery, vascular medicine and surgery and women's health. NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine and is a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network. For more information, visit nyp.org/brooklyn and find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive, integrated academic healthcare delivery systems, whose organizations are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care and service to patients in the New York metropolitan area, nationally, and throughout the globe. In collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research and innovative, patient-centered clinical care. NewYork-Presbyterian has four major divisions:
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is ranked #1 in the New York metropolitan area by U.S.News and World Report and repeatedly named to the Honor Roll of “America’s BestHospitals.”
- NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network comprises hospitals and other facilities in the New York metropolitan region.
- NewYork-Presbyterian Physician Services, which connects medical experts with patients in their communities.
- NewYork-Presbyterian Community and Population Health, encompassing ambulatory care network sites and community healthcare initiatives, including NewYork Quality Care, the Accountable Care Organization jointly established by NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia.
- For more information, visit www.nyp.org and find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Kelsey Drain 718-780-5367 [email protected]