Love Your Heart at HVHC's Healthy Heart Fair
Feb 4, 2014
Cortlandt Manor, NY
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital (HVHC) wants you to love your heart this February with free screenings and healthy heart activities.
Visit the main lobby of the hospital on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and meet with health care professionals who can provide information on cholesterol, blood pressure exercise and nutrition. Here’s some of the highlights:
- A cardiologist from NYU Hudson Valley Cardiology will be on hand to answer questions.
- Staff from the Hospital’s cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation department will conduct blood pressure screenings and cardio assessments.
- Staff from the Hospital’s new Chef Peter X. Kelly Teaching Kitchen and Cura, the hospital’s food service, will offer healthy cooking tips and snacks.
- Ellen Forman, CYT of Prana Moon Yoga will demonstrate seated Yoga.
- The Wellness Center will do a body fat analysis
- Smoking cessation counselors will answer questions and provide information.
February is National Heart Month when health professionals raise awareness about heart disease prevention. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, for both men and women. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), you can reduce your risk by making simple lifestyle changes such as eating healthier, increasing physical activity and not smoking.
For more information on the Healthy Heart Fair at NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital, please call 914-734-3557. The event is free and open to the public.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital is dedicated to serving the health care needs of the community and to providing quality, comprehensive medical care in a compassionate, professional, respectful manner, without regard to race, religion, national origin or disease category. Offering state-of-the-art diagnostic treatment, education and preventive services, the Hospital is committed to improving the quality of life in the community. In fulfilling this mission, the Hospital will strive to continuously improve the care provided and develop and offer programs, facilities, systems and alliances that most effectively respond to community health care needs. NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital is located on Route 202 (1980 Crompond Road) in Cortlandt Manor, New York. Call 914-737-9000 or visit hvhc.npgdev.com