Primary Care in the Hudson Valley
Eating healthy and working out can keep you in good health, but it’s still important to regularly visit your primary care doctor. Let NewYork-Presbyterian help.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley primary care physicians are experienced and provide preventative care, including annual physicals and Medicare annual wellness exams. Our doctors also treat common illnesses and minor injuries, and help manage chronic conditions for your continued health and wellness.
See our dedicated internal medicine and family doctors in the Hudson Valley for an annual physical, immunizations, and health tests. Some appointments can be virtual.
A Range of Care & Services
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley primary care and family medicine doctors provide healthcare services such as:
- Assessment of frequent headaches, aches and pains, heartburn, sleep problems, and more
- Other common illnesses, such as upper respiratory infections, strep throat, minor injuries, and rashes
- Diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and the flu
- Routine screenings and management of health concerns, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, digestive disorders, and high blood pressure
- Vaccinations , such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Yearly physical examinations
Regular check-ups and annual physicals are important because your physical condition may change without any noticeable side effects. Listed below are a few things your primary care or family physician may check:
- Depression: Low mood can negatively impact your daily life
- Blood sugar for prediabetes: Some people have prediabetes and don't know it
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure raises your risk of heart disease
- Medications: Certain medications may need to be reviewed or changed
- Family history: May indicate that you need certain screening tests sooner
For seniors who have Medicare, an additional annual wellness exam is fully covered by your insurance. This will include:
- Health screenings: A thorough assessment to determine if there are any additional health screenings to consider or if you are at risk for any health concerns
- Home life: A review of your home life to ensure you have all the tools you need to live each day comfortably
- Care plan: Personalized advice and creation of a care plan for the year ahead
Convenient Locations Throughout the Hudson Valley
From Cortlandt Manor to Yorktown Heights, you can find a primary care doctor right in your neighborhood for all your primary care and family medicine needs. Locations include:
- Cold Spring
- Cortlandt Manor
- Putnam Valley
- Sleepy Hollow
- Yorktown Heights
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley primary care locations offer:
- Same-day sick visits
- Early, late, and weekend hours
- Safe in-person appointments and video visits
- Most insurance accepted
See our primary care locations throughout the Hudson Valley.
Seamless Access Across Our Network
Our network of doctors seamlessly works together by sharing medical records and collaborating to provide the best personalized recommendations.
For specialized care, NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley primary care or family medicine physicians may refer you to specialists, such as cardiologists, orthopedists, gastroenterologists, and more.
For your convenience, our NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley primary care doctors offer video visits for some sick appointments and follow-ups.
- A video visit is a simple, secure and convenient way to have a visit with a doctor using a mobile phone, computer, or tablet device.
- Video visits can be used to see a primary care doctor or a specialist like a cardiologist or ob-gyn for example. You can schedule video visits with your current doctor as well as with a new doctor or specialist.
- Simply call the doctor’s office, and they will schedule the video appointment over the simple Zoom application.
- Once your doctor schedules a video visit, the doctor’s office will provide you with instructions on how to easily and successfully create an account and prepare for your video visit.
Safe In-Person Appointments
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley, we want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. Your health and safety are our top priorities, and we’ve expanded our safety measures to best protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Skip the front desk and waiting room: In all our locations, we have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays will be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room, and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- COVID screening: You will be prescreened for COVID-19 by answering a questionnaire in advance of your appointment; we will take your temperature upon arrival. Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Protective equipment: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines. They have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams to ensure they are completely healthy to treat you.
- Spacing out appointments: We are allowing for additional time between patient appointments in order to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time and allow for more time to disinfect the office.
Finding the right care for you and your family is important for proper care. View our complete list of services offered at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley.
Find a Primary Care Doctor in the Hudson Valley
A primary care or internal medicine doctor focuses only on adult medicine, while family medicine doctors treat children and adults and pediatricians only treat children up to 18 years of age.
Specialties: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine,
Specialties: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine
Specialties: Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Sleep Medicine, Sports Medicine, Urology
Specialties: Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Pediatrics
Specialties: Dietetics/Nutrition, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Reconstructive/Plastic Surgery
Specialties: Family Medicine