Primary Care in Brooklyn
You may have been making healthy lifestyle changes, such as working out and eating right, but seeing your primary care doctor regularly can also help you to stay in peak health.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn has expert primary care doctors who offer preventative care, including annual physicals and Medicare annual wellness exams, treat common illnesses and minor injuries, and help manage chronic conditions for your continued health and wellness.
See our dedicated primary care doctors in Brooklyn for an annual physical, immunizations, and health tests. Some appointments can be virtual.
Comprehensive Primary Care in Brooklyn
Primary care physicians and family doctors from NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn provide services such as:
- Assessment of frequent headaches, aches and pains, heartburn , sleep problems, and more
- Other common illnesses, such as upper respiratory infections, strep throat, minor injuries, and rashes
- Diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and the flu
- Routine screenings and management of health concerns, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, digestive disorders, and high blood pressure
- Vaccinations, such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Yearly physical examinations
Regular check-ups and annual physicals are important because your physical condition may change without any noticeable side effects. Below are a few things your primary care doctor in Brooklyn may check:
- Depression: Low mood can negatively impact your daily life
- Blood sugar for prediabetes: Some people have prediabetes and don’t know it
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure raises your risk of heart disease
- Medications: Certain medications may need to be reviewed or changed
- Family history: May indicate that you need certain screening tests sooner
For seniors who have Medicare, an additional annual wellness exam is fully covered by your insurance. This will include:
- Health screenings: A thorough assessment to determine if there are any additional health screenings to consider or if you are at risk for any health concerns
- Home life: A review of your home life to ensure you have all the tools you need to live each day comfortably
- Care plan: Personalized advice and creation of a care plan for the year ahead
Convenient Locations Throughout Brooklyn
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn has locations throughout the borough to bring you easy access to expert doctors. You can find a primary care doctor in Brooklyn for your medical needs, close to where you work and live, including
- Borough Park
- Brooklyn Heights
- Crown Heights
- Far Rockaway
- Park Slope
- Prospect Heights
- Sheepshead Bay
- Staten Island
- Sunset Park
Our primary care offices offer:
- Same-day sick visits
- Early, late, and weekend hours
- Safe in-person appointments and video visits
- Most insurance accepted
Seamless Access Across our Network
Our network of doctors seamlessly works together, shares medical records, and collaborates to provide the best-personalized recommendations.
For specialized care, our primary care or family medicine physicians in Brooklyn may refer you to specialists, such as cardiologists, orthopedists, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, and more, as well as providing referrals to other doctors for your continued care.
For your convenience, NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn primary care doctors offer virtual urgent care visits for some sick appointments and follow-ups.
- A video visit is a simple, secure, and convenient way to visit a doctor using a mobile phone, computer, or tablet device.
- Video visits can be used to see a primary care doctor or a specialist such as a cardiologist or ob-gyn. You can schedule video visits with your current doctor and a new doctor or specialist.
- Call the doctor’s office, and they will schedule the video appointment over the simple Zoom application.
- Once your doctor schedules a video visit, the doctor’s office will provide instructions on how to easily and successfully create an account and prepare for your video visit.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn, we want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. Our top priority is your health and safety, so we have expanded our safety measures. We have made changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Skip the front desk and waiting room: We have a streamlined check-in process in all our locations. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays will be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room, and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Disinfection and cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- COVID screening: You will be prescreened for COVID-19 by answering a questionnaire in advance of your appointment; we will take your temperature upon arrival. Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Protective equipment: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines. They have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams to ensure they are completely healthy to treat you.
- Spacing out appointments: We allow additional time between patient appointments to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time and allow for more time to disinfect the office.
Find a Primary Care Doctor
A primary care or internal medicine doctor focuses only on adult medicine, while family medicine doctors treat children and adults, and pediatricians only treat children up to 18.
Find a Specialist
View our complete list of specialty care services offered at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn.
See all NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn locations.