NewYork-Presbyterian and Weill Cornell Medicine have a long tradition of providing exceptional obstetric care to women in New York City. Since the founding of the Lying-In Hospital in 1798, our maternity program has been known for excellent maternal and infant care, groundbreaking developments in the advancement of women's and children's health, and progressive training programs for physicians and medical students.
Today, mothers and mothers-to-be — and their babies — receive the high-quality multidisciplinary care you've come to expect from NewYork-Presbyterian. From prenatal care to postpartum follow-up, you can receive all the specialized care you need from our expert team. At NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, you will receive advanced, compassionate care from highly experienced physicians and other healthcare professionals from Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian.
- An integrated approach. Our team members work across disciplines and specialties to treat even the most complex maternal-fetal and newborn conditions.
- Multi-specialty care. Our obstetric and neonatal teams include highly trained obstetrician-gynecologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists (high risk pregnancy), neonatologists (newborn care physicians), obstetric anesthesiologists, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants, lactation counselors, social workers, geneticists, and genetic counselors, ultrasound technicians, and psychiatrists and psychologists.
- Top-notch infant care. The pediatric specialists and subspecialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital are available during and after your newborn's hospital stay and collaborate to provide your child with exceptional care. NewYork-Presbyterian is New York's #1 Hospital.
A State-of-the-Art Facility
NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns features the latest equipment in a setting designed with mothers and babies in mind, including:
- A single-bedded room for every patient: 75 private antepartum and postpartum rooms
- A 20-bed triage suite, where our staff will greet you and assess your needs
- 16 labor and delivery rooms and five operating rooms — including a fully equipped operating room featuring a portable CT scanner and ultrasound — and the ability to perform complex and routine cesarean deliveries
- Eight private antepartum testing rooms
- 15 ultrasound rooms to perform on-site prenatal diagnosis and treatment
- A 60-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with advanced in-unit technologies