NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's Diabetes Education and Resource Center provides comprehensive diabetes self-management education. Education can help people with diabetes manage their health, minimize long-term complications, and feel better and more confident as they live their lives. The Center is the recipient of the prestigious American Diabetes Association Certification for its diabetes self-management program.
There are several types of diabetes. Learn more about type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes. Patients with all types of diabetes share a common goal of managing blood sugar levels as part of a healthy lifestyle.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital offers a multidisciplinary team of doctors, including endocrinologists, specializing in diabetes. The team also includes vascular specialists, urologists, ophthalmologists (eye doctors), podiatrists (foot doctors), and cardiologists (heart doctors). We also offer an on-site diabetes educator and nutritionist, as well as access to experts on diabetes technologies, to provide comprehensive care to manage diabetes and any other related illnesses.
Diabetes Education and Resources Available at NYP Brooklyn Methodist
- At the Diabetes Education and Resource Center, we provide the general information and principles that help patients and families to maintain balance and eat healthier. Our nutritionist can also work closely with individual patients to help create healthy eating and fitness plans that will best meet that patient's specific preferences and lifestyle.
- People with diabetes may experience challenges and a variety of emotions that can best be understood by others who have the disease. Group sessions can provide an outlet for expressing concerns and feelings and an opportunity to learn from the experiences of the group members.
- Learn about our services for children with diabetes here.
- Contact us to find out what classes are currently available. Please note that a physician referral is required for all classes.
- Contact us to arrange individual diabetes education sessions.
- To view upcoming Diabetes Support Group meetings, find our events calendar.
Diabetes Management Workshops
Last Thursdays beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Diabetes Education and Resource Center
263 Seventh Avenue, Suite 5A
Registration required: call 718-246-8603
Or click the link below to reserve your spot by email.