A 651-bed voluntary, acute care institution, NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Cornell Medical College and is a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System. NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a major teaching hospital, with graduate medical education programs for resident physicians as well as a Center for Allied Health Education that houses several schools that train allied health professionals.
The Hospital offers a full range of the most sophisticated and advanced medical programs and services to the Brooklyn community:
- It has one of only three cardiac surgery programs in Brooklyn. The NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital-Cornell Heart Center is staffed by the top-rated surgical team from the Weill Cornell Medical Center and has the most modern cardiac surgery center in the City.
- The heart surgery program is backed by a full range of cardiology services, including an extensive interventional cardiology program, electrophysiology program and diagnostic capabilities that include cardiac MRI.
- Our Stroke Center offers rapid evaluation of stroke patients and advanced treatments that can reverse damage caused by stroke. Our specialists are involved in the study and employment of the most advanced approaches and equipment in stroke care today.
- The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine is one of the few in the City with a highly developed interventional pulmonology program that provides minimally invasive procedures for the detection and treatment of lung cancer and other lung diseases.
- The NYPBMH Birthing Center includes large home-like birthing rooms, fully equipped to let families and their doctors make choices from a range of childbirth options. The Hospital has a 60-neonatal nursery and a 24-bed State-designated Level III nursery for babies who are premature or ill.
- The Advanced Women's Prenatal and Diagnostic Testing Center offers a full range of high-tech diagnostic examinations for women at every stage of life.
- A new, bright and cheerful inpatient pediatric unit has private rooms designed to allow parents to stay overnight with their children and a schoolroom and teacher affiliated with the New York City Department of Education.
- The Hospitals Institute for Cancer Care offers a spacious and comfortable infusion center located near the main Hospital campus.
- The Emergency Department, which sees over 100,000 patients annually, includes a separate pediatric emergency room and a private area for women with obstetric or gynecological conditions.
- A Diabetes Education and Resource Center, a Sleep Disorders Center, a Fertility Institute, a Multiple Sclerosis Center, Parkinson's Program and Back and Neck Center are just a few of the many special programs the Hospital offers to meet the healthcare needs of its community.