Justin A. Classie, MD
Sports Medicine Medical Director
"The key to treating a patient is first and foremost listening to what they have to say about their issue. This enables me to develop a treatment plan with which the patient is comfortable and one that gets results."
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens
Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Centers
72-06 Northern Blvd., 2nd Floor
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
163-03 Horace Harding Expressway, 4th Floor
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Make an Appointment
1-866-670-OUCH | myHEALTH.nyp.org
- Sports concussions
- Non-operative orthopedics, including non-operative fracture care
- Sports medicine and sports-related injuries
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Compartment pressure measurements for evaluation of chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- Viscosupplementation and plasma-rich platelet injections
- Non-operative treatment of arthritis
Dr. Classie is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. He is also the co-head team physician for St. John's University.
Dr. Classie grew up in Queens and feels the experiences and people in this community have helped to develop him into the well-rounded person he is today.
Why Sports Medicine?
"The field of sports medicine enables me to keep active patients active. I find it very gratifying to help people get back to activities they love to do."
Why practice in Queens?
"I was born and raised in Queens, so there is no better place for me to give back to the community with the people that were instrumental in my upbringing."
St. John's University, 2002
Ross University School of Medicine, 2006
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 2007
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 2009
The Ohio State University Medical Center, 2010
- Sports Medicine
- Family Medicine
Awards and Honors
- The Outstanding Clinical Performance Award from The Residents and Fellows Alumni Society, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 2009
- Dean's Academic Honor Roll, 2002 – 2005 / Medical School
- Graduated with Highest Honors / Medical School