Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
John Gregory Mears, MD
- Primary Specialties
- Medical Oncology
- Hematology (Board Certified)
- Board Certification
- Internal Medicine
- Education And Training
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: Boston University Medical Center
- Residency: Boston University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Clinical Expertise
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Anemia, Iron Deficiency
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Bleeding Disorder
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [NYP Employee Plan]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Gender Male
J. Gregory Mears, M.D. is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center.
After receiving a B.S. at Trinity College, Dr. Mears obtained an M.D. at The College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. He undertook his Internal Medicine residency at Boston University Medical Center and his Hematology-Medical Oncology fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Mears’ early career was research based and involved studies of the molecular genetics of disorders of hemoglobin as well as chronic myelogenous leukemia. For the past 25 years Dr. Mears has maintained a clinical practice caring for people with blood disorders with an emphasis on leukemia, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, and multiple myeloma. Dr. Mears has a strong clinical interest in women with breast cancer and is the Medical Director of the OctoberWoman Foundation.
Additionally, Dr. Mears is pursuing clinical research in the fields of Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma as well as breast cancer. He is also actively engaged in the teaching of medical students, residents and fellows.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
Herbert Irving Pavilion
161 Fort Washington Avenue
Suite 923 New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-3506
Fax: (212) 305-4667
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes