Christopher J. Visco, MD, FAAPMR, RMSK is an Assistant Professor at Columbia University Medical Center's Department of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine, an Assistant Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Sports Medicine Fellowship Director, and Associate Residency Program Director. He specializes in treating patients with sports and spine injuries.
He completed his residency in PM&R at Kessler/UMDNJ and his Spine and Sports Fellowship at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/Northwestern University. His main areas of interest are in sports and musculoskeletal medicine, applications of diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound, preventative and regenerative musculoskeletal care, and medical education. He is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, and is a registered musculoskeletal sonographer.
He is an award-winning teacher, has been an invited lecturer internationally, edited a textbook, is a peer-reviewer for multiple journals and has been a regional, national and international course director multiple times.
Dr. Visco sees patients at both CUMC's main campus at 180 Ft. Washington Ave., Suite 199, and at CUMC's midtown campus at 51 W. 51st Street. Call 212-305-3535 for an appointment.
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
Affinity [Access (Exchange), Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
VNSNY CHOICE [SelectHealth]
UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School
Internship: Atlantic Health System - Overlook Hospital
Residency: Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine -UMDNJ
Fellowship: Northwestern Memorial Hospital - Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
• Visco CJ, Plastaras C. A Programmatic Design for Teaching the Fundamentals of Spinal Procedures in a Two-Day Course. A Prospective Multi-year Study. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2012
• Cheng D, Visco CJ. Pharmaceutical Therapy for Osteoarthritis. PM&R supplement. 2012.
• Visco CJ, Cheng D, Kennedy DJ. Pharmaceutical Therapy for Radiculopathy. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America. 2011;22(1):127-139.
• Kennedy DJ, Shokat M, Visco CJ. Sacroiliac joint and lumbar zygapophysial joint corticosteroid injections. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America. 2010;21(4):835-842.
• Kennedy DJ, Visco CJ, Press J. Current concepts for shoulder training in the overhead athlete. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2009;8(3):154-160.
Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine at CUMC