Alexander Golant, MD
Associate Director, Sports Medicine Service
"Compassionate and patient-oriented care is at the heart of what we do; evaluating and treating each individual person, and not just a symptom or an x-ray finding, is the key to successful outcomes."
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens
Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Centers
72-06 Northern Blvd., 2nd Floor
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
163-03 Horace Harding Expressway, 4th Floor
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Make an Appointment
1-866-670-OUCH | myHEALTH.nyp.org
- Sports medicine
- Shoulder, knee, hip, and elbow surgery
- General orthopedics and orthopedic surgery
- Minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery
Dr. Golant is the Associate Director of Sports Medicine Services at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, and an Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. He serves as a team physician for St. John's University Basketball, and also for a number of local high school and sports academy teams.
Dr. Golant is a native of Moscow, Russia. He grew up in Philadelphia, PA, and has been living in NYC since 2003. He is an avid skier, having raced competitively in college, and was a professional ski instructor. He is also a life-long martial arts practitioner, and continues to train in Jeet-Kune-Do and MMA today.
Why this specialty?
"I was drawn to orthopedics because I saw the great potential to improve the quality of life for my patients."
Why this practice?
"One of my favorite things about this practice is the camaraderie I feel with my colleagues. Our close relationships allow for the constant exchange and stimulation of ideas and refinement and advancement of treatment approaches and surgical techniques. This enables us to provide the highest level of care to our patients."
University of Pennsylvania, 1999
University of Pennsylvania, 2003
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, 2004
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, 2008
Lenox Hill Hospital/NISMAT, 2009
- Orthopaedic Surgery, 2011
Awards and Honors
- AANA Advanced Arthroscopy Traveling Fellowship, 2014
- Super Doctors, New York Rising Stars™, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing from Journal of Arthroscopy, 2013
- International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, Leading Physicians of the World, 2013
- Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals Patients Choice, 2010 and 2013
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Resident Teaching Award, 2008