Specialized Testing in a Comfortable Setting
To evaluate the cause of your child's bed wetting or other urination problem, we may use one or more of these tests in our specialized pediatric urodynamic testing units:
- Uroflow: This test measures the amount of urine released, how long it takes to urinate, the speed with which the urine comes out, and how much is left in the bladder when your child is finished.
- Uroflow with EMG: This test includes the uroflow test described above along with electromyography, which measures how well the muscles that help coordinate and control your child's urination are working.
- Urodynamic Study: This test measures pressures in your child's abdomen and bladder as the bladder fills and during urination.
- Video Urodynamic Study: This test combines imaging technology with the urodynamic study to determine if there are anatomic abnormalities of your child's bladder and urethra.
- Biofeedback Therapy: We perform this specialized therapy to teach children who urinate in an abnormal way how to urinate correctly.
- Ultrasound: We use real-time ultrasound to see if the bladder is full enough to do the uroflow study and repeat it to measure the amount of urine, if any, left behind.
Customized Care, Just for Your Child
We take the time to explain your child's test results to you and work closely with you to choose the best treatment. Examples of treatments for urination disorders include:
- Biofeedback/behavior modification therapy
- Bladder augmentation surgery
- Bladder neck reconstruction surgery
- Bladder training exercises
- Botox injections and neuromodulation
- Bowel management programs
- Deflux injections (an outpatient procedure that can be used to treat reflux and certain types of incontinence)
- Motivational counseling
- Ureteral reimplantation surgery
- Urethral reconstruction surgery