Supportive Oncology Services
Supportive Care Before, During, and After Cancer Treatment
At NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital, your team includes cancer care professionals whose mission is to support you throughout your care, at every stage. These services are available to you from the moment you walk through our doors until long after you have completed cancer therapy. They include:
- Patient navigators who coordinate your care, ensuring that you have timely, appropriate access to the right care team and services. We have dedicated navigators to help coordinate cancer screening, cancer treatment, and breast care. Our navigators will also make sure that your primary care provider is aware of your treatment plan.
- Psychosocial support offered by social workers, our consulting psychiatrist, and spiritual counselors.
- Nutritional counseling to support your dietary needs and help you stay strong during and after your treatment.
- Palliative care to relieve your symptoms and help you and your family maintain your quality of life, with an emphasis on your values and preferences.
- Physical therapists and other rehabilitation services to support your recovery.
- Cancer Survivorship Clinical Program to coordinate your follow-up care after treatment and support your return to wellness.
- Connection with non-cancer medical services you may need to support your health, including providers such as those in primary care, cardiology, neurology, urology, obstetrics/gynecology, physical therapy, and rehabilitation medicine.