Screening & Prevention
Take Charge of Your Health with Cancer Screenings & Prevention
You have the ability to fight cancer by harnessing the power of two anti-cancer weapons: early detection with cancer screenings and prevention.
Cancer screenings can find cancers in their early stages, which hasten the expedient diagnosis and effective treatment of the disease. Many common cancers, such as cancers of the skin, colon, lung, cervix and breast, can be detected in their early, more curable stages through the use of screening tests.
We also know the risk of developing many types of cancer can be significantly reduced, or prevented altogether, with lifestyle changes such as getting regular exercise, maintaining a healthy weight, using sunscreen, and avoiding tobacco.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital’s Cheryl R. Lindenbaum Comprehensive Care Center, we are dedicated to promoting awareness of the importance of cancer prevention and early detection, and offer a range of cancer screening programs and services to our community:
- Breast cancer screening including MRI and 3-D mammography
- Colorectal cancer screening, including colonoscopy
- Prostate cancer awareness and education, with discussion about whether to be tested
- Skin exams to detect skin cancers and melanoma
- Lung cancer screening with Low-dose CT
- Cervical cancer screening
- Genetic counseling and testing to learn if you are at risk for cancer