Research and Clinical Trials

About Clinical Trials

Clinical trials are studies of new treatment and diagnostic approaches in patients. Every advance that has been achieved in medicine and has improved the lives of patients has come about as the result of clinical trials.

Clinical trials are conducted by NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital physicians through their academic positions at one of the hospital's affiliated medical colleges: Weill Cornell Medical College or Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. The medical research takes place through these colleges, although staff members running these studies may use NewYork-Presbyterian facilities and equipment.

There are a number of ways you can learn about clinical trials for your particular disease or disorder. They include:

(1) Medivizor: Would you like to be notified about matching clinical trials, cutting-edge research, and treatment options – all personalized just for you? The Medivizor tool finds clinical trials happening at NewYork-Presbyterian and its affiliated medical colleges in some (but not all) areas of medicine. You'll receive e-mails with suggested clinical trials and subsequent updates tailored to your specific case.


Get Notified about Matching Clinical Trials

Would you like to be notified about matching clinical trials, cutting-edge research, treatment options – all personalized just for you?



(2) Clinical Trials at Weill Cornell Medical College: Visit Weill Cornell's Joint Clinical Trials Office.

(3) Clinical Trials at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons: Visit Columbia's Clinical Trials Office.

(4) This government website, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, can help you find clinical trials by entering terms such as disease type and hospital location. Here are some tips for using

  • Enter the name of the disease or disorder for which you are seeking clinical trials.
  • Include in your search term the name of the NewYork-Presbyterian campus where you would like to enroll in a clinical trial. For "Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons," the term "Columbia University" should suffice. For "Weill Cornell Medical College," enter "Weill Medical College of Cornell University" or "Weill Medical College." (If you enter Cornell University, you may receive search results for Cornell's campus in Ithaca, New York, upstate.) Example: If you are searching for clinical trials related to prostate cancer at Weill Cornell Medical College, you could enter: prostate cancer Weill Medical College.

We thank you for your interest in clinical trials. Your participation could not only benefit you, but other patients for years to come.

    Find a Doctor

Click the button above or call
1 877 NYP WELL

Top of page