Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Usama Gergis, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Primary Specialties
- Medical Oncology (Board Certified)
- Hematology (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- 1996 University of Cairo Faculty of Medicine Egypt
- Residency: 2003 Brooklyn Hospital Center
- Fellowship: 2007 Brooklyn Hospital Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Bone Marrow Failure Diseases
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Bone Marrow Disorders
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange)]
- Affinity [HMO]
- CIGNA [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Mediblue (Senior), Pathway (Exchange), PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Pathway Enhanced]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [MCD, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [HMO, MCD]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE
- Gender Male
Usama Gergis M.D. was appointed to the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College as Assistant Professor of Medicine and Assistant Attending Physician in the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology in September 2007. He has joined the Leukemia service at the WCMC, a nationaly recognized program in bone marrow failure syndromes.
Since completing his professional training in 2006, Dr. Gergis has pursued a fellowship in bone marrow transplantation at the Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research instiute at the University of South Florida.
Dr. Gergis is specialized in treating a wide spectrum of bone marrow failure syndromes with conventional and novel agents.
His focus of interest is applying the new advances in hematopoeitic stem cell transplant to broaden the spectrum of eligible patients for this potentialy curative treatment.
Dr. Gergis also enjoys teaching medical residents and hematology/oncology fellows and will continue to be involved in training future generations as part of our Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Primary Office
525 East 68th Street
Payson Pavilion 3 New York, NY 10065
Phone: (212) 746-2119
Fax: (212) 746-6678
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes