Expert Care of Young Ears, Noses, and Throats
An illness or disorder of the ear, nose, and throat can cause your child mild discomfort or more serious issues such as an impaired quality of life or developmental delays. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital's pediatric otolaryngologists - specialists trained to diagnose and treat diseases of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) - have exceptional expertise caring for infants and children with common as well as complex disorders. Whether your child is experiencing routine earaches or a more complicated airway obstruction or cleft disorder, we will treat him or her using state-of-the-art procedures and technologies - provided in a family-friendly setting where compassion is as important as skill.
We understand the unique issues involved in treating children, and we offer you and your family support throughout diagnosis and treatment. Our expert pediatric teams are deeply committed to caring for young patients with ENT disorders.
- Parents as Partners: Our teams believe that as parents, you are integral partners in the evaluation and treatment of your child. We encourage you to be involved and ask questions, and we will provide you with the services, resources, and support you need to enhance your child's quality of life.
- Child-Friendly Facilities: We treat our young patients in our advanced ENT facilities, featuring a full range of diagnostic and treatment equipment specifically designed for children.
- Outstanding Hypernasality Care: We offer renowned programs for the care of children with speech disorders associated with hypernasality (also called velopharyngeal insufficiency).
- Craniofacial Deformities: Our otolaryngologists are integral partners in the care of children who develop hearing, swallowing, and respiratory problems as a result of craniofacial conditions. We perform surgery to treat any correctible hearing issues and offer cutting-edge hearing aid support as well as cochlear implants. We also evaluate and treat upper airway problems related to craniofacial deformities, even in very small infants.
- Cleft Problem Expertise: Our ENT experts are integral members of the multidisciplinary teams that care for children with cleft problems such as unilateral cleft lip, bilateral cleft lip, and cleft palate.
- Pioneering Tonsil Surgery: Our doctors were among the first to develop and implement intracapsular or partial tonsillectomy surgery, a technique that decreases postoperative pain and bleeding in children with adenoid and tonsil enlargement.
- Collaborative Care for Hearing Problems: We collaborate closely with our colleagues in pediatric audiology to treat infants and children with the entire range of ear problems, from hearing loss to recurrent ear infections.
- Innovative Sinus Technologies: We are skilled at treating the full array of sinus problems and use the latest fiberoptic and image guidance technology to diagnose and treat children.
- Expert Care for Airway Issues: Specialists here have extensive experience managing simple to very complicated airway issues, ranging from laryngopharyngeal reflux and laryngomalacia to subglottic stenosis and vocal fold paralysis.
- Minimally Invasive Airway Surgery: Our pediatric otolaryngologists are pioneers in minimally invasive endoscopic airway surgery. We are among the few centers in the country that offer open as well as endoscopic laryngotracheal reconstruction.
- Team Care for Speech, Voice, and Swallowing Issues: We collaborate closely with dedicated speech pathology professionals who provide advanced, high-quality speech, language, voice, and feeding/swallowing services for all children, from those born prematurely through age 21.