Sweet Potato Fries
This healthy and delicious recipe makes a great substitute for traditional French fries. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is a precursor of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes are also a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, and a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, and potassium.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound unpeeled sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 -2 medium potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with oven rack placed in the upper third of oven.
- Arrange potato slices on an oiled baking sheet in rows so they are not touching each other. Brush slices with oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Turn slices with a spatula. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
Serving Size = 1/4 of recipe
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories 113||Calories from Fat 32|
|Total Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 5 mg||0%|
|Total Carbs 19 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||6%|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 1 g|