Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers
Health Benefits: Rosemary is excellent source of antioxidants. The majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy Omega 3 fats.
Recipe prepared by Chef Gerard Valino.
Nutrition Facts by Dr. Jonathan Waitman and Curtis Felton, Culinary Nutrition Fellow.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings (2 skewers per serving)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound salmon filet, boneless and skinless
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat a nonstick or saute pan to medium high.
- Cut salmon into 1 inch x 1 inch squares.
- Combine rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add salmon and toss to coat. Thread salmon and tomatoes alternately onto 8 soaked 10-inch or 12-inch wooden skewers.
- Add oil to pan. Sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on one side then turn heat to medium, carefully turn skewers to cook salmon, approximately 4-6 minutes.
Nutritional facts per serving:
6g fat (33% calories from fat)
1g saturated fat (6% calories from saturated fat)
*Note: Majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF (NEW!)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema (NEW!)
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF (NEW!)
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Butternut Squash Bisque V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (NEW!)
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe