Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
Health Benefits: Rosemary is an excellent source of antioxidants
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrition Facts by Rachel Stahl, Culinary Nutrition Fellow
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced width-wise into 1/2'' strips
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, crushed
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
4 cups whole wheat penne (pre-cooked)
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
Canola oil spray
- Spray a nonstick skillet with canola oil spray. Add chicken breast and saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes/side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil and sauté garlic until fragrant, but not browned.
- Add flour and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and low-sodium chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce and rosemary. Then add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken strips into skillet and stir dish over low heat until all heated through.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts per serving:
18g fat (34% of calories from fat)
2g saturated fat (4% of calories from saturated fat)
7g dietary fiber
*nutrition facts do not include Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF (NEW!)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema (NEW!)
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF (NEW!)
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Butternut Squash Bisque V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (NEW!)
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe