Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint
Recipe prepared by Chef Madhu Sharma
Nutrition Facts by Mary O'Hara, RD and Curtis Felton, RD
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients:1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 1/2 teaspoon green chili pepper or jalapeño
1 cup fresh cilantro or 1/4 cup dried
1/2 cup fresh mint or 1/8 cup dried
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
Chat Masala (optional)
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and set aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove the stem from the chili pepper, cut in half and remove the inner membrane and seeds.
- Blend chili, cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor or blender forming a paste. Transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Combine yogurt and oil to the spice paste. Add chicken and mix thoroughly so the chicken is evenly coated with the paste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler and place an oven rack on the second or middle slot to prevent meat from burning. Lightly spray a medium sized baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and broil for 20 minutes or until the chicken's juices run clear. Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and diced red and/or yellow bell peppers. Dust or lightly garnish with Chat masala.
Note: Chat masala is an Indian spice mixture found in specialty markets or grocery stores.
Nutritional facts per serving: 215 calories, 8g fat (34% calories from fat), 1g saturated fat (4% calories from saturated fat), 4g carbohydrate, 29g protein, 73mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium
Health Benefits: Mint contains antioxidants and is thought to have a soothing effect.
- Sustainable Eating Cookbook
- Eat Smart for Your Heart Cookbook
- Nutrition During Cancer Treatment
- NYP BeHealthy Cookbook
- Harvest Chicken Salad
- Mozzarella Roulade with Arugula SaladV
- Cioppino over Pasta
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Gazpacho V
- Butternut Squash and Sage Soup V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Banana Blueberry Parfait V
- Cranberry Almond Biscotti with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- Supergreen Smoothie
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe