Jun 5, 2012
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital ranks in more pediatric specialties than any other hospital in the metro New York area, according to the 2012-13 U.S. News & World Report Best Children's Hospital rankings released today. In addition, the Hospital is ranked among the top 10 nationally in the areas of Cardiology & Heart Surgery and Diabetes & Endocrinology.
NewYork-Presbyterian provides children's health services at two major sites: NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and the Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked nationally in nine out of the 10 specialties surveyed, including among the top 20 in Gastroenterology; Neonatology; Neurology and Neurosurgery; Orthopedics; and Pulmonology.
This year, U.S. News surveyed 178 pediatric centers to obtain data such as availability of key resources and the ability to prevent complications and infections. The hospital survey made up 75 percent of the rankings. A separate reputational survey, for which 1,500 pediatric specialists – 150 in each specialty – were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty, made up the remaining 25 percent.
The full rankings are available at www.usnews.com/childrenshospital. The rankings will also be published in U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013 guidebook available in August.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and the Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health
NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, which is affiliated with Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and the Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health, which is affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, have built a reputation for more than a century as two of the nation's premier centers for pediatric care. Together, they offer the best available care in every area of pediatrics – including the most complex neonatal and critical care, and all areas of pediatric surgery – in a family-friendly and technologically advanced setting. They are also major international referral centers, meeting the special needs of children from infancy through adolescence worldwide. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital also comprises NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Division and NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital. NewYork-Presbyterian is the #1 hospital in the New York metropolitan area and is consistently ranked among the best academic medical institutions in the nation, according to U.S.News & World Report. For more information, visit www.nyp.org