When you or a loved one has a disorder affecting the nervous system, the best care is prompt and personalized and is provided by a seasoned team of specialty-trained professionals. The neurology and neurosurgery specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital apply the latest advances in medicine, surgery, and technology to customize a treatment plan for each of our patients. We are one of the nation's leaders in patient care, research, and education related to disorders of the brain and spine.
- Top Ranked in the Country: Our neurology and neurosurgery departments consistently rank among the top five in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report.
- A Team Approach: Our patients receive their care from experienced, specialty-trained neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurocritical care specialists, nurses, and therapists.
- Neuro-ICUs: Our multiple neurological Intensive Care Units provide around-the-clock monitoring and specialized treatment. We provide ready access to every kind of specialist and the latest technologies.
- Trauma Centers: We have a Level 1 Adult Trauma Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, and Level 1 Regional Pediatric Trauma Programs at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. We quickly assess and stabilize patients suffering from brain or spine trauma and give them the best chance of recovery.
- Surgical Expertise: We use minimally invasive neurosurgical approaches whenever possible to treat cerebrovascular disorders, brain and spine tumors and other spine disorders, and certain movement disorders. Our world-class neurosurgeons are also highly experienced performing more invasive surgeries when minimally invasive approaches are not an option.
- Leaders in Research: NewYork-Presbyterian's investigators have directed and participated in major clinical trials that have led to the advanced care we offer today. Patients may have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of promising new therapies.
- Support for Patients and Families: We understand the toll that nervous system disorders can take on patients and their families. So in addition to providing high-quality medical and surgical care, we provide psychosocial support and assistance with practical matters such as insurance and links to community resources.
- 24/7 Transport Service: Physicians can call 1-800-NYP-STAT (1-800-697-7828) to transfer a patient to one of our hospitals for our specialized care.