What Do You Know About Sports and Eye Safety??
You have your kneepads and your helmet. Or your faceguard and your gloves. Before you walk onto the playing field, don’t forget to protect your eyes. Find out more about preventing eye injuries by taking this quiz.
1. More than 90 percent of sports eye injuries can be prevented.
2. Tennis is considered a high-risk sport for eye injuries.
3. A "black eye" is usually a medical emergency.
4. You should see your health care provider before signing up for a sport.
5. If you don't have protective eyewear, you can wear a sturdy pair of sunglasses instead.
6. A player who has an eye injury should return to play only when an eye doctor gives his or her OK.
7. You should wear swimming goggles wherever you swim.