What Do You Know About Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease that thins and weakens a person's bones, making them less dense and more fragile.
1. In which age bracket does bone density peak and the rate of bone loss begin to exceed the rate of bone formation?
2. Which of these activities could cause a bone fracture in someone with osteoporosis?
3. What percentage of white women ages 50 and older have at least one fracture from brittle bones?
4. Beginning at which age do men experience bone loss at the same rate as women?
5. Which of these contributes to the onset of osteoporosis?
6. Which test is used to screen for osteoporosis?
7. What causes the "dowager's hump," the characteristic stooped posture?
8. Which kind of exercise can help prevent osteoporosis?
9. How can osteoporosis be prevented?
10. How is osteoporosis treated?