The Expertise You Expect. The Comfort You Deserve.
Radiation therapy is a common treatment for many types of cancer, and today it is more precise than ever before. At the NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Cancer Center, we make the experience of radiation therapy as convenient and comfortable as possible while using the most advanced technology available. When you come to us for your care, you'll benefit from:
- We Are NewYork-Presbyterian: As part of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, our center provides you with access to all of the resources and services our world-renowned hospital has to offer. So if you have a healthcare need beyond what we are treating you for at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Cancer Center, we can connect you with the specialists you need.
- A Warm and Inviting Environment: As soon as you enter our doors, you may feel like you're in a hotel or spa rather than a medical facility. Imagine taking a short fireside rest before slipping into a comfortable robe in a private dressing room. Then you'll receive your treatment in a warm, welcoming room with a comfortable chair and a fitted sheet on the table, rather than paper. Following your treatment, you can chat one-on-one with your radiation oncologist in a comfortable setting where we encourage you to ask any questions you may have. This is the experience we're proud to offer at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Cancer Center.
- The Most Advanced Technology: Our center features highly precise Elekta Infinity with Volumetric Modulated Arc Technology (VMAT), which monitors your treatment in real-time with 3D imaging and provides faster, more accurate treatments. We also provide 3D treatment planning, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), stereotactic radiosurgery for brain and spinal cord lesions, radiosurgery for lung, prostate, and liver disease, brachytherapy, and MammoSite and AccuBoost for breast cancer. Our team chooses the most effective treatment for your particular cancer and customizes your care to meet your needs. We treat a wide range of cancers, with special expertise in breast cancer treatment.
- A Team of Specialists: Led by your radiation oncologist, your team includes radiation therapists who administer your treatments, medical physicists and dosimetrists who develop your treatment plan, and other healthcare professionals as needed to meet all of your physical and psychological needs while you are with us. Many of our staff members are also multilingual.
- Complementary Therapies to Ease the Journey: We know it can be burdensome to come in for radiation therapy day after day for several weeks, trying to balance your treatment with your family duties, work, and other commitments in your life. That's why we offer complementary therapies such as acupuncture, Reiki, meditation, aromatherapy and essential oils, sound therapy (Tibetan singing bowls),relaxation techniques, self-massage therapy, and yoga to ease your symptoms and promote relaxation. Nutritional guidance is also available.
- A Convenient Location: Our location in lower Manhattan means that people can access the most advanced radiation therapy in a location closer to where they live, work, and socialize. There's no need to go uptown every day for your care.
Make an Appointment: (212) 746-6600
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Cancer Center
21 West Broadway
New York, NY 10007