High-Quality Cancer Care in Your Community
At NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital, we coordinate every aspect of your cancer care, linking you with the best specialists and offering you and your family cancer prevention, screening, treatment, support, and education. At our Cancer Center — a collaboration between Columbia University Medical Center, our academic partner, and NYP Lawrence — you can receive personalized cancer care closer to where you live, work, and enjoy time with your family.
- Your Doctors Are Leaders: Many of our team members are committed to improving the quality of cancer care at the national, regional, and state levels by educating their professional colleagues and actively participating in national cancer prevention and screening initiatives.
- A Team of Experts: Your team includes specialists with decades of experience delivering high-quality cancer care. Our cancer specialists are members of the highly regarded NewYork-Presbyterian MedicalGroup Westchester and ColumbiaDoctors faculty practices. Many of these physicians are members of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Irving Medical Center — one of only three National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in New York State.
- Comprehensive Cancer Care in One Location: We care for adult patients with all types of cancer, using the most advanced therapies available including surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiation therapy. If you need subspecialized care, such as a bone marrow transplant or complex surgery, we can facilitate your access to this care at NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia in New York City. When you're done with treatment, we help you return to wellness through our Cancer Survivorship Clinical Program.
- Access to Clinical Trials: The NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center designation has been awarded to NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia researchers because of their leadership in the development of clinical trials to study all aspects of cancer care, from screening and prevention practices to innovative treatments. You may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial of a promising new cancer therapy, a diagnostic technique, or a survey assessing your quality of life. Your doctor or nurse may discuss clinical trial opportunities with you and assist in enrolling you in one of these studies.
- Connecting You with Other Medical and Support Services: As part of NYP Lawrence, our center provides you with access to the non-cancer medical services you and your family may need to support your health. We can connect you with providers such as those in primary care, cardiology, neurology, urology, obstetrics/gynecology, physical therapy, and rehabilitation medicine.
- Emergency Care…Just in Case: Should you need emergency care during your treatment, the team in our hospital's Emergency Department will speak with your oncology care team, have direct access to your electronic medical record, and know exactly what kinds of cancer treatments you've been receiving. We also offer telephone advice and same-day evaluation during regular office hours through our Cancer Center.