NewYork-Presbyterian has open visiting hours. To provide patients with more support from their loved ones, there are no set visiting times. Patients or the parents/guardians of patients who are minors may decide who visits and when. Please note, for the well-being of our patients, members of the care team may limit visiting. Our staff will work with patients and visitors, especially those in semi-private rooms, to allow patients time to rest and sleep.
Other visitor guidelines include:
- To promote a safe and healing environment, no more than two visitors at a time are allowed at a patient’s bedside.
Children may visit, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay around-the-clock. One parent/guardian may stay at all times; the other parent/guardian may remain at the child’s bedside until 10 pm.
- All visitors must practice hand hygiene by using Purell® or washing their hands with soap and water before entering the patient’s room. Purell® dispensers are located in all patient rooms and throughout the Hospital.
- Family members or friends who have a cold, cough, fever, or rash should not visit until they feel better.
- Check with the nurse before bringing food and beverages to a patient in case he/she is on a special diet.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please speak with a member of the patient’s care team. Thank you for your cooperation in making our patients' hospital stay safe and comfortable.