Leader in Specialized Emergency Care for Our Region's Children
When your child comes to any of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital's three pediatric emergency care locations in New York City, our teams of professionals - all highly trained and skilled in pediatric emergency medicine - are ready to help and to heal. We will care for your child in one of our special state-of-the-art, comfortable, child-friendly treatment areas, designed specifically for young patients and their families. We provide pediatric emergency and trauma care - from the most common injuries to the most complex - to tens of thousands of infants, children, and adolescents each year.
Our highly skilled professionals offer emergency treatment for the full range of illnesses and injuries, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our teams include:
- Physicians who are board-certified/eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Skilled pediatric emergency nurses experienced in caring for young patients
- Certified Child Life Specialists with emergency care expertise
- Support staff dedicated to serving children in our Pediatric Emergency Services
- Multilingual staff committed to improving the emergency care experience
We are united in our commitment to providing the best experience and outcome possible for you, your child, and your family. We promise to treat you with compassion, dignity, and respect. In ways both big and small, we offer the world's most advanced medicine in a comfortable, nurturing setting. We offer:
- A Team of Top Subspecialists: Our pediatric emergency departments feature the region's highest number of board-certified physicians in emergency medicine and pediatrics. Your child has access to a roster of nationally recognized medical and surgical experts in every pediatric subspecialty area.
- Advanced Trauma Care: Our three locations include a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center, a Level 1 Trauma Center, and a world-renowned regional burn center. Our staff also includes nurses and healthcare professionals who are specially trained to care for severely injured children.
- Regional Services throughout Manhattan: We provide emergency care at the Alexandra & Steven Cohen Children's Emergency Department of NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital in Washington Heights, the Pediatric Emergency Service of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health on the Upper East Side, and the Pediatric Emergency Service of NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, just south of the Brooklyn Bridge. We serve families from all areas of Manhattan as well as the surrounding boroughs of New York City, lower Westchester County, Long Island, northern New Jersey, and beyond.
- Child Life Specialists to Ease Fears: Our certified Child Life Specialists strive to reduce anxiety by ensuring that your family understands how and why the medical team is taking care of your child. They may use guided imagery, toys, books, puzzles, games, and electronics to help calm or distract children during procedures.
- A Pain-Free Experience: Treating pain is one of our top priorities. Our team will rapidly assess your child the moment he or she arrives, and provide comfort immediately.
- Family-Centered Care: We believe emergencies impact not only your child, but your entire family. We promote a "family-centered model" in which we encourage you to participate in decision-making and remain present for your child's medical care. We will keep you and your child informed, guide you through your visit, and facilitate appropriate follow-up.